Winter Tuna Niçoise
This colorful salad makes the most of store cupboard ingredients – vary it for a special occasion by using fresh tuna
Yields: 4 Serves
- 450g waxy potatoes, unpeeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caper, rinsed
- 50g SunBlush or sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 x 160g or 200g cans yellowfin tuna steak in springwater, drained
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Toss the potatoes with 2 tsp oil and some seasoning. Tip onto a large baking tray, then roast for 20 mins, stirring halfway, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put eggs in a small pan of water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 mins, depending on how you like them cooked. Plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool for a few mins. Peel away the shells, then cut into halves.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, red wine vinegar, capers and chopped tomatoes. Season, tip in the onion, spinach, tuna and potatoes, then gently toss together. Top with the eggs, then serve straight away.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.