Turkey Meatballs and Sauce
Less-fattening take on meatballs. They’re slow-cooker easy, and so flavorful!
Makes: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, onion, pepper and seasoning blend. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomato sauce, tomatoes, zucchini, green pepper, onion, tomato paste, bay leaves, garlic and seasonings. Stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.