A seifreddo is a fantastic dessert option because you can make it even a couple of days before, and then just slice, garnish, and serve when needed.
Yields: 10 servings
- 250 gr. (1 Cup) Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 4 Eggs, Separated
- 1 1/2 Cup Espresso Coffee, Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3-Cup Brandy, Marsala, or Rum
- 12 Savoiardi Cookies (Ladyfingers)
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate, Shaved
- Beat the 4 egg yolks until light, and then slowly beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, then the mascarpone cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites gently into the cheese mixture.
- Now whip the cream until soft peaks form, and fold this too into the cheese mixture.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch pan with plastic wrap with an overhang to ease in removal later.
- Add the brandy to the cooled coffee, and carefully dip in ladyfingers one at a time just until the outside of the cookie is barely damp.
- Arrange cookies side by side to cover the bottom of the pan, cutting in half if needed.
- After the first half of the cookies are layered, spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture with half the cocoa, then repeat with another layer of cookies and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cocoa on top as well as half the shaved chocolate.
- Gently tap the pan on the counter top to remove any air pockets, then wrap well in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least four hours or until frozen.
- When ready to serve, use the plastic wrap to help in removing the tiramisu from the pan.
- Cut the tiramisu into slices, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and the rest of the chocolate sprinkles.
Top with Sweetened Whipped Cream
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to add your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.