Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
There’s no faster way to get a party started than with these bacon-wrapped poppers. Make them ahead and bake just before serving. Even the hot pepper intolerant will love them.
Makes: 12 servings
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn your skin. Also avoid touching your face while working with hot peppers due to those same oils. Scrub your hands throughly after working with them, even if wearing gloves, to be safe.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.