Steak, chicken or pork. If you don’t have time to cook a skirt steak, leftover steak tastes just as great. Substituting chicken or pork would be delicious as well, in this recipe.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1-lb. bag spinach leaves or romaine hearts, torn
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler to high; place a rack 5 inches from heat. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bread slices on baking sheet and toast, turning once, until golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Rub one side of each slice with 1 clove garlic.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper, place on baking sheet and broil, turning once, 7 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Put lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Make dressing: Whisk together all ingredients. Pour on salad; toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on 6 plates. Thinly slice steak and place on top of salad.
- Serve with toasted bread, croûtons, or thin crispy tortilla chips.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.