Pressure Cooker Golden Mushroom Beef Stew
The golden mushroom soup makes a great gravy and you don’t have to do anything to it. When I make it in the crock pot I don’t even add water, I just use 2 cans of soup. The juice from the meat is enough liquid to make a great gravy. My family loves the taste and it is so easy!
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 -12 button mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 10 -20 ounces water
- 1 -2 beef bouillon cube (optional)
- Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until hot and add the meat all at once (do not turn for at least 1 minute – you really want to let the meat sear
- Stir the meat, letting it brown on all sides. Next, add the onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, golden mushroom soup, water and optional beef bouillon(the bouillon gives a stronger flavor)
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Cool pot immediately and serve.
- If the gravy isn’t thick enough then stir a bit of cornstarch to some cold water (only about 1 T to half a cup of water) and add to the gravy. Bring to a boil and the gravy will thicken.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.