A famous Philippine vegetarian main dish. It’s a healthy main dish!
Philippine Vegetable Stew
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb Japanese eggplant, cut into 2 inch sections
- 5 ounces long beans, trimmed, cut into 3 inch lenghts
- 5 pieces fresh ginger, quarter sized
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red squash
- 10 whole okra, trimmed
- Brown the ginger, garlic and onions.
- Add two cups of water and all the ingredients.
- Simmer vigourously for 20 minutes.
- Stirring often.
- It is done when the liquid is thick and the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt if necessary.
- Remove the ginger.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.