Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
(Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Time to make: 20 mins
Makes: 16 bars
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars a simple recipe for deliciously textured oatmeal breakfast bars bursting with peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
¾ cup glutenfree rolled oats
¼ cup glutenfree oat flour
⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Wet Ingredients: 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 5 mins) 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter* ¼ cup coconut sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add in Ingredients
⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
⅓ cup walnuts, chopped (or addins of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even and tightly packed layer. 6. Bake for 20-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is a rich golden brown.
7. Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift breakfast bars out of the baking pan. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Make sure you use peanut butter that only has one ingredient: peanuts. Your PB should be naturally drippy and somewhat liquid to work in this recipe. If you use natural raw peanut butter, it will be. For those allergic to peanuts you can substitute almond butter mixed with a little grape seed oil mixed in to get the right consistency.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls, bake ware and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.