Yields: 6 servings
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour ( I like to substitute Coconut flour)
- 1 raw egg,beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- In a container, put-in the flour, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well
- Dip the chicken on the beaten egg mixture and place inside the container (where the flour, salt, and pepper are)
- Close the container and shake until the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture
- Deep fry the chicken for about 7 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Set aside
- In a pan, put-in the water, soy sauce, vinegar, and orange juice then bring to a boil
- Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the sugar and and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
- Put-in the green onions and cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp of water) then mix well
- Add the deep-fried chicken on pan and cook until sauce nearly evaporates
- Serve hot with rice and oranges slices, garnished with some green onion. Share and Enjoy!
I really like this recipe.
Originally Posted by Rebecca, March 10, 2015
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.