No Bake Chocolate Chews
Yields: 60 servings
- 2 cups granulated suga
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Line two extra-large baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter, half-and-half, and corn syrup to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Stir in Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, vanilla, and, if desired, almond extract. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in oats, coconut, and almonds.
- Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour or until set.
- Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.