Linguine with Shrimp and Creamy Roasted Tomatoes
Yeilds: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, shelled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large oven proof skillet, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for about 25 minutes, until starting to brown and their skins split.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain.
- Add the cream to the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook over moderate heat, gently crushing the tomatoes, until the cream thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer over moderate heat until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the linguine to the skillet along with the lemon juice and toss over low heat until the pasta is coated, about 1 minute. Add the lemon zest and parsley and toss. Transfer the pasta to warm bowls and serve at once.
The roasted tomatoes can be refrigerated overnight.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.