Egg & Cream Cheese Biscuits
I didn’t know this as cloud bread. Apparently that’s what other people are calling it. I just knew it as egg and cream cheese biscuits. They’re great for making a breakfast sandwich because you ca make them up the day before and have them all cooled off and ready to use the next morning. That way you don’t have to rush; you just grab two biscuits, a thin slice of cheese, some thin sliced meat, and a little lettuce and slice of tomato, then wrap it up. The egg is already in the biscuits – or cloud bread. Whatever you want to call it. It’s good for other times of day too. I think they’re good with soup. they’re a bit dry and can soak up the soup broth pretty good. if you’re kind of person who like to dunk bread in your soup, you know what I mean. They are, gluten free, light, low fat, easy to make, good for sandwiches and more. You might find yourself wanting to make these.
- 3 large eggs, divided
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- You can add some herbs or seasonings if you want
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix egg whites & cream of tartar on high speed, until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl mix egg yolks & cream cheese (and any herbs or seasonings) until well combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in egg whites, about 1 cup at a time, until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions onto pan. Spreading to about ½” thick and round shaped.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack, and cool completely for at least an hour.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator, for up to about five days.
These are very tasty, even if you don’t add a bunch of seasonings. Being low fat, gluten free and having protein from the eggs, makes them a good substitute for bread.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to Share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.