Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet dark chocolate bar with almonds
- 6 teaspoons caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- In medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup of the sugar until coated. Let stand 1 hour
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cocoa, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop dough by about 1/3 cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of shortcakes appear dry and cracked. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, split warm shortcakes; place first half on each dessert plate. Top each serving with strawberries, about 1/2 teaspoon caramel sauce and 1/4 cup whipped topping. Put top half on and top with strawberries, 1/4 cup whipped topping and another 1/2 teaspoon caramel sauce drizzled over top. Some shaved chocolate make a great additional topping.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.