Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
Smooth, creamy and super-chocolaty mousse in minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 x 160 g tin of coconut cream
- 150 g dairy-free dark chocolate, plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Break the chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, halve and stone the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a food processor, discarding the skins. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then pulse again to combine.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate, then pulse a final time until creamy and smooth. Divide the mixture between six small bowls, then pop in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and an extra grating of chocolate.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.