Create an easy, impressive dessert by dipping juicy strawberries in sweet chocolate. They make a very nice gift also.
Yields: 18 Servings
- 1 pint (2 cups) medium-large strawberries (18 to 20 strawberries)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil (if you use coconut oil chocolate will stay firmer)
- Gently rinse strawberries and dry on paper towels (berries must be completely dry). Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Insert a toothpick into the top of each strawberry.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften (if made with oil, chocolate will soften more quickly at room temperature).
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.