Chicken Noodle Casserole
Creamy chicken and noodle casserole topped with crushed crackers. Wonderful as leftovers topped with melted cheese!
Makes 6 Servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- Optional – small package frozen vegetables of your choice
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture, optional- vegetables of your choice, and the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the cookware, bowls and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room and Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.