Black Bean and Chicken Taquitos
Yield: Makes 40 taquitos
- 20 flour tortillas (8-in. size), cut in half
- About 1 1/2 cups canned refried black beans
- About 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from half a 3-lb. chicken)
- About 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lay 1 tortilla half on a work surface. Spoon about 1 tbsp. beans onto an end. Sprinkle filling with about 1 tbsp. cheese.
- Starting with the filling end, roll taquito into a tight cigarette shape and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beans or chicken, and cheese.
- In a large wide pot, heat about 1 in. oil over medium heat until it reaches 375° on a deep-fry thermometer. Cook taquitos, about 4 at a time, turning often, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer taquitos to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. When cool, remove toothpicks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls, cookware and utensils you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room, Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.