Baked Milk Fish
This recipe is shared from Chef Lani, The Urban Recipes.
Baked Milk Fish Recipe is a recipe that even a first timer can get a wink of satisfaction from the person who will eat this healthy and delicious dish.
Baked Milk Fish Recipe is an easy recipe like baking an ordinary fish. Baked milk fish can be served on its own. If you are a fan of white plain rice just like most of the Asian, you will definitely enjoy this baked milk fish. You can as well eat it on its own or you might want a sauce (dipping sauce). Filipinos love milk fish with Soy sauce and calamansi sauce because it gives a richer flavour to the milk fish. I did include in this baked milk fish recipe the ingredients and procedure on how you can make the special toyomansi dipping sauce.
· 1 large Milk Fish
· 1 medium red onion (minced)
· 1 medium size ginger (julienned)
· 2 small size tomatoes (chopped)
· 2 celery ( sliced diagonally)
· 2 pcs. wild chilies (sliced diagonally)
· 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
· 1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
1. Wash and clean the milk fish and make sure that there’s no trace of scales left or gills.
2. Pat dry the milk fish and set aside.
3. Make sure that all the ingredients needed for your baked milk fish are already chopped and mixed together in a bowl (except for the salt and pepper)
4. Preheat the oven at 275 degrees C.
5. Place the milk fish in a large aluminum foil big enough to wrap the whole milk fish.
6. Rub the milk fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper, both sides must be rubbed. Include the inside of the milk fish in rubbing the salt and pepper to let the meat absorb the seasoning.
7. Stuffed the milk fish with spoonsful of the mixture of ingredients until it’s full. Include stuffing the head of the milk fish.
8. If you still have left of the mixture, place the mixture on top of the fish’s skin. This allows the fish’s skin to absorb the flavour.
9. Wrap the milk fish nicely, sealed the tip of the foil tightly to avoid the moisture or liquid from spilling out while it’s cooking in the oven.
10. Place the wrapped milk fish on the baking pan and bake for 50-60minutes.
11. Take out the milk fish from the oven and remove the foil (be careful when you remove the foil because you might get burned from the steam). Disregard the liquid on the pan as well.
12. Now place the milk fish again on the same pan and put the pan at the top rack of the oven.
13. Bake the milk fish for another 10-15 minutes or until it reached deep golden brown and looks crispy.
14. Remove from the oven, plate and serve.
· 1 medium red onion (minced)
· 4-5 pcs. calamansi (juiced)
· 1 tsp. ground black pepper
· 5-6 tbsp. dark soy sauce
· 1 green chili (minced)
· 1 wild chili (minced)
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Taste for adjustments and preferred taste.
Please take advantage of our “Post Your Recipes!” form, to share your own recipes.
You’ll find all the bowls, utensils, bake ware or cookware you need to make this recipe and more for your Kitchen, Dining Room & Bar In Pandora’s Kitchen, our sister site.